Enhancing Academic Workload Management A structured approach to workload modelsThursday, 15 September 2016 9.00am – 4.00pm University of Otago House Cost ATEM Members: $300.00 Affiliates: $330.00 Non Members: $400.00 Register Here - http://www.atem.org.au/events/event/aotearoa-pd-enhancing-academic-workload-management Please note this event is NOT included in any registration type associated with TEMC 2016 and is being run by ATEM. For enquires related to this workshop please contact [email protected] The Association for Tertiary Education Management Inc (ATEM Inc) is the preeminent professional body in Australasia for tertiary education administrators and managers. This seminar is designed for Heads of School and School managers, HR and IR practitioners, staff who manage or cost institutional operations, and staff who wish to learn about academic workload models. The adoption of standardised academic workload processes has not been a feature of collective bargaining in New Zealand, although the research literature indicates that in some cases models and processes exist at Departmental or School levels. There are many lessons to be learnt from comparing the New Zealand approach to the Australian experience. Recent research in Australia suggests that the way in which the workload model is constructed has a significant impact on the cost of operations. This presentation is designed to
- Provide an overview of trends in the development of workload management in Australia, UK and Canada;
- Demonstrate the outcome of comparative research on costs arising from workload models;
- Understand the experience of developing a workload model in NZ universities;
- Explore the potential for workload models as a basis for costing university operations;
- Allow the participants to share experiences.